Robert Zeidman v Lindell Management LLC - American Arbitration Association, Commercial Arbitration Tribunal Case Number 01-21-0017-1862 - Reasoned Decision and Final Award - 19 April 2023
The Panel has determined pursuant to AAA Commercial Arbitration Rule R-46 (2013) that a Reasoned Award is appropriate in this case. Thus, having been duly sworn and heard the proof and allegations of the parties, the Panel makes the following Reasoned Decision and issues the following Final Award.
1. Robert Zeidman's claim against Lindell Management LLC for breach of contract is granted. Accordingly, within 30 days of issuance of this Award, Lindell Management LLC shall pay $5 million to Robert Zeidman.
2. Mr. Zeidman's unconscionability claim is denied.
3. Mr. Zeidman's claim under the Minnesota Consumer Fraud Act is denied as moot.
4. Mr. Zeidman's request for attorneys' fees and costs is denied.
5. The administrative fees and expenses of the American Arbitration Association totaling $16,175.00 and the Panel's compensation will be borne as incurred.
6. This Award is in full settlement of all claims submitted to the Panel in this Arbitration. All claims not expressly granted herein are denied. This Award may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, and all of which shall constitute together one and the same instrument.