Erika Serran Toussaint is counsel in King & Spalding's International Arbitration Group, residing in the Houston office.
Ms. Toussaint focuses on dispute resolution, including international investment, commercial arbitration and commercial litigation. She has represented sovereign and corporate clients in proceedings under the arbitration rules of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) at the World Bank, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and its International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), and before U.S. state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate levels.
Bilingual in English and Spanish, Ms. Toussaint has significant experience in matters dealing with Latin America.
Bars and Courts
- New York State Bar, 2003
- Florida State Bar, 2008
- District of Columbia Bar, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2010
- JD, Yale University, 2002
- BA, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, University of Notre Dame, 1999
- Certificate, Hispanic Caribbean Foreign Study Program, 1998
- Certificate with Honors, Fundacion Ortega y Gasset, Toledo, Spain, 1997
- Hon. Rosemary Barkett, US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2004-2005
- Hon. Adalberto Jordan, US District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2003-2004