We hereby invite papers from those with an interest in the management of international disputes, with a focus on the rapidly evolving areas of investment arbitration and international arbitration, but also in other significant areas of international investment (such as oil, gas, energy, infrastructure, mining, utilities, and etc). We also emphasise mediation/ADR, conflict avoidance and commercial conflict management by bilateral negotiation or by third-party facilitated negotiation. We seek papers across disciplines such as law, psychology-psychoanalysis, international business management, economics, arbitration, WTO, international investment law and the various areas of "dispute management" - not solely conventional quasi-judicial "resolution" of disputes in litigation.
We are looking for a range of contributions including practical comments on recent developments, in-depth contributions on issues of topical concern, and longer, scholarly articles which add to an understanding of these fields. We also welcome notes and articles on primary legal and regulatory materials book reviews and opinion pieces. As a rule, submissions of scholarly articles will be subject to a peer review.
Our audiences are world-wide and include professional firms, corporations, NGOs, Government departments, and universities. Your contributions are thus assured of a wide readership of those interested in these areas.
Please contact us at , if you want to participate in this global network. We publish contributions with name, photo, and brief biographical description - but we will also accept anonymous contributions.
Also have a look at our call for papers section to see our list of special features currently in preparation. Articles about topics addressed regularly are of course of interest too.
If you unsure if an idea you have for an article is suitable for publication in TDM, please contact us to discuss it. Also see Help / FAQ for TDM contributing authors.
Note that TDM offers professionals the opportunity of lead editing and co-sponsoring special issues on particular topics relevant to the relevant communities suitable for highlighting the professional competencies and profile of the professional and his or her firm, the special issue editor and contributors.
Article submission guidelines:
- Written in MS Office Word
- Checked for Spelling & Grammar
- Please use standard legal citation methods using footnotes (not endnotes)
- Include an executive summary of the article (150-200 words) to the beginning of the paper
- As an online publication we can publish articles of any length, from a fairly short comment on recent developments to full length academic papers or reports of hundreds of pages incl. Annexes. Minimum word count: 5000+.
- Do not include a table of contents unless your paper exceeds 100 pages.
- A4 page size, 1" or 25.4 mm margins (top, bottom, left, right), no artistic borders on page.
- Page number position: Footer, Bottom right, Right Align.
- Title of Paper: Times New Roman, 16 Points, Bold, Title Case, Left Align. (Also known as "headline style" and "capital case" - reference).
- Name of Author(s): Times New Roman, 12 Points, Italics, Left Align. Name(s) can be supported by footnotes to include author's designation and contact details.
- Abstract Text: Times New Roman, 12 Points, Italics, Justify.
- Heading Level 1 (Main Heading): Times New Roman, 14 Points, Bold, Left Align.
- Heading Level 2 (Sub-Heading): Times New Roman, 13 Points, Italics, Left Align.
- Heading Level 3 & more (under Sub-Heading): Times New Roman, 12 Points, Italic, Left Align.
- Main Text: Times New Roman, 12 Points, Justify, Single Line Spacing, No first line or hanging indentation of the paragraphs.
- Quotes or citations may be indented or set in Italics.
- Footnotes Text: Times New Roman, 10 Points, Justify, Single Line Spacing.
Sample articles are available on request.
For your author profile, also provide:
- Your full name & title
- Your Company, University or Organization name
- Website address
- E-mail address (only visible for registered readers)
- 150-200 words on your own/your firm's professional services provided, expertise, competence...
- A digital photo (if you wish)
Examples of TDM Author profiles can be found here.
We offer an electronic version of the traditional "off-prints" to individual authors / contributors. Contributing authors are welcome to circulate this electronic off-print to colleagues, clients and professional contacts. Each author will receive their electronic "off-prints" after publication of the TDM issue involved.