Daniela Jaimes is a partner at the Caracas office. Her practice is focused on corporate/commercial, banking and finance, energy and transport matters. She regularly assists local and international companies on mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs and other corporate reorganizations, including in highly regulated sectors such as energy, food and pharmaceuticals.
As part of her banking and finance practice, she advises lenders and borrowers in connection with several types of financing, such as energy finance, commodities and trade finance and shipping finance. She has been involved in innovative financings for the Venezuelan market, including those repaid with future production of crude oil and derivatives.
She has assisted in connection with contracts of the energy industry for projects in Venezuela and other Latin American jurisdictions, such as joint venture agreements, operating services agreements, oil services agreements, and offtake agreements. Ms. Jaimes also assists on energy regulatory matters to oil, gas and services companies. She has also participated as an advisor in several international arbitration procedures related to the energy area.
In the transport sector, she has advised on the contractual and regulatory matters of contracts unique to the aviation industry, such as those related to the collection of airport taxes and over flight duties, and on the acquisition of private jets, and on regulatory matters on maritime and maritime insurance law.
Prior to joining us, Daniela worked as the director of a foreign VAT department in a French multinational company, as a lawyer for two law firms in Spain and as a lawyer for an international firm in Caracas.
Law school and education
- Legal Translation English-Spanish, School of Translators and Interpreters "Estudio Sampere", Madrid, Spain, 2004
- Law degree, Universidad de Alicante, Spain, 2003
- Superior Program in Legal Practice, Instituto de Empresa, Spain, 2003
- LL.M., business law, Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, Spain, 2002
- LL.B., cum laude, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Venezuela, 1999
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers Latin America, Venezuela 2018: Band 4, Corporate/M&A
- IFLR1000 2018: Band 1, Banking/M&A
- Chambers Latin America, Venezuela 2017: Band 4, Corporate/M&A
- Chambers Latin America, Venezuela 2016: Up and Coming: Corporate/M&A
- Chambers Global, Venezuela 2015: Up and Coming: Corporate/M&A
- Chambers Latin America, Venezuela 2015: Up and Coming: Corporate/M&A
Membership and activities
- Capital District Bar Association