Andy Moody is a partner in the Firm's Dispute Resolution and International Arbitration practices in London. He joined Baker & McKenzie from another leading international firm in January 2016. Andy has extensive experience in international arbitration, mediation, expert determination and complex litigation both before the English Court and abroad. He is also a solicitor advocate and regularly sits as arbitrator. Andy is recognised as a leading individual by Legal 500 and Chambers.
Andy focuses his practice on international commercial and investment treaty arbitration as well as in complex, often multijurisdictional litigation. The majority of his work is cross-border and for clients in the energy, financial services, aviation, diversified industrials, and telecommunications sectors.
Andy has advised on many disputes in Eastern and Western Europe, the CIS, the Middle East and Asia. He has acted as adviser and advocate in many international arbitrations under the rules of the major arbitral institutions. Andy has also regularly helped clients to obtain injunctive relief from the court in support of international arbitrations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LCIA's Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) - Steering Committee
- LCIA - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- ICC's Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) - Member
- ICCA's Young ICCA - Member
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR) - Young Attorneys in Alternative Dispute Resolution (Y-ADR)
England & Wales~United Kingdom (2002)
- College of Law at London (L.P.C.) (2000)
- College of Law at London (C.P.E.) (1999)
- University of the South (B.A. Economics) (1997)