- Research Director and Chief Economist of Bradesco
- Member of Economic Council of FIESP-Industrial Federation of São Paulo
- Member of Economic Council of “Ordem dos Economistas de São Paulo”
- Member of Council of Funcex- Foreign Trade Fondation
- Member of GIE- Foreign Investors Group
- Member of Council of SOBEET-Brazilian Society of Studies on Transnational Corporations
- President of the Strategic Committee of Economy Amcham - American Chamber of Commerce
Octavio de Barros holds a PhD degree by the University of Paris X, was adviser for the Finance Ministry of Brazil in two ocassions, Professor of International Economics at Campinas University, Adviser for Brazilian Central Bank, Adviser for BNDES –Brazilian Development Bank, Consulting Chief in Economic Policy for São Paulo´s Government, President of São Paulo´s Regional Counsel of Economists, Visiting-fellow of OECD, Technical Director of SOBEET- Brazilian Society of Studies on Transnational Companies, CESP´s Chief of International Financial Affairs, Director of COMGAS, Director of Febraban-Brazilian Federation of Banks. Octavio de Barros is also the author of a great number of articles on both, Brazilian and global economy.