Ana Stanič is an English Solicitor Advocate and a Visiting Professor at Technische Universität in Berlin and UIBE in China.
She is the founder of E&A Law Limited, an innovative law firm which combines energy specialism with expertise in EU law, international law and arbitration.
Ana has advised on numerous inter-state disputes including regarding maritime boundaries, straddling gas reserves and transit in the East Mediterranean, Africa and Europe. In the field of energy, she regularly advises on concession agreements to construct large energy infrastructure, host government agreements to construct pipelines, gas purchase agreements, environmental impact assessments, energy transition and decarbonisation.
She is a leading expert on EU energy, environmental, state aid and competition law and has given evidence before the EU Parliament on the inter-relationship between EU and international law.
Ana regularly acts as counsel in commercial and investment treaty arbitrations. She has represented EU states in inter-EU state disputes as well as in disputes against the Commission and other EU institutions. Ana has appeared before the Court of Justice of the EU. She has been a member of the PCA since August 2019.
- Higher Rights of Audience, February 2007
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators since 2004
- Qualified English Solicitor 2000
- Legal practitioner (with rights of audience) in NSW, Australia 1998
- LLM, Cambridge, specialising in International Dispute Settlement, EU Competition Law, Private Commercial Litigation and Public International Law, First Class Honours
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce, UNSW specialising in Banking, awarded with Merit
- Russian - basic knowledge