In the course of her career she has been involved in several high value strategic projects such as joint operating agreements, production sharing contracts, joint venture agreements, renewable energy projects, electricity and gas marketing agreements in the UK, global procurement agreements, multi-billion dollar corporate restructuring projects and regulatory compliance issues for the treasury and financial sectors.
As a Chevening scholar, she obtained a Ph.D in International Investment and Natural Resources Law and Policy from the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP), University of Dundee and has published, from a multi-disciplinary perspective, numerous papers in reputable international journals, is the author of a book on International Investment Law and a contributor to the book, "A Liber Amicorum: Thomas Wšlde - Law Beyond Conventional Thought".
Mirian's greatest strengths and achievements lie in her ability to apply her strong analytical skills to the most complex issues while proposing innovative and strategic solutions - skills which are effectively utilised in contractual negotiations. Applying her excellent communications skills, she fosters and sustains constructive virtual or face-to-face relationships and operates effectively in a multicultural environment. She is passionate about the development and empowerment of people. With an effervescent personality, she has a natural ability to bring people together, developing good and trusting relationships with people at all levels. She works to the highest standards demonstrating expertise, commitment, balance, flexibility, passion, excellence and energy in all that she does.
- Diamonds and Civil Conflicts in Africa - The Conflicts in Central Africa and West Africa (2004) Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Law (JENRL) Volume 22, issue 2.
- Almost Too Convenient - the Legal Pitfalls of E-Mail Attachment One, the Shell Legal Newsletter (April 2001).
- The Key Issues of Mining - A Brief Comparative Survey as a Background Study for the Reform of Mining Law, JENRL 2000.
- The Legal Effects of Pre-contractual Agreements in the Natural Resources Industry - Civil Law, Common Law and Islamic Law - Journal of Business Law, July 2000.
- NAFTA and the ECT - Compliance With, Implementation and Effectiveness of International Investment Agreements, (London: Kluwer Law International Publishers, 1999).
- Developments in the Petroleum Exploration and Exploitation Arrangements In Nigeria, (February 1996) 14 Oil and Gas Law and Taxation Review (OGLTR) 2.
OGEL 2 (2013) - Risks and Responses to Risk in the Energy Sector