Diora Ziyaeva is a Managing Associate of Dentons' New York office and is part of the Litigation and International Arbitration practice groups.
Diora focuses her practice on investor-state arbitration, on commercial arbitration and on issues and disputes relating to public international law, as well as corporate law with an emphasis on the oil and gas sector. She has experience litigating complex cases and has been involved in several important proceedings under the rules of the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the International Commercial Court (ICC) and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), including proceedings relating to the energy sector and involving states and state-owned entities.
Diora has been actively involved with implementation of HIV-AIDS and drug awareness seminars in various institutions and locations in Uzbekistan. She has also provided extensive pro bono representation at the Civil Law Clinic in Uzbekistan and led a community service initiative in orphanages and disabled children's homes. She is fluent in Uzbek, Russian, and German.
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association Member
- Harvard Club of New York
- United States Council for International Business
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- New York City Bar Association, International Commercial Disputes Committee
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Harvard Law School, LL.M
- University of World Economy and Diplomacy, LL.B, with highest honors (graduated first in Class)
- Georgetown University, Certificate in Political Science Studies, Recipient of the Fund for American Studies Scholarship
- European College of Liberal Arts, Berlin, Certificate in Philosophy Studies, Recipient of the Endeavor Scholarship