Matthew Levine is a Canadian lawyer.
Mr Levine's experience with the law of international trade, investment, and arbitration includes:
- advising on arbitral appointments and challenges, jurisdictional objections, and applications for expedited and emergency procedures;
- researching and analyzing international investment law on behalf of a prominent arbitration, especially in relation to sectors such as mining, oil & gas, and bio-technology;
- providing international investment agreement-related technical assistance to regional and national organizations in Southeast Asia;
- participating in advising a sovereign on dispute settlement and compliance panels at the World Trade Organization; and
- participating in advising an industry group on the Canadian International Trade Tribunal's review of trade remedy orders;
In addition to Transnational Dispute Management, Matthew has contributed to Investment Arbitration Reporter, Investor-State Law Guide, Investment Treaty News, and the Asian International Arbitration Journal.
Matthew's native language is English, and he is proficient in Mandarin and Japanese. He is a graduate of McGill University (B.A.) and the University of British Columbia (J.D. & M.A.).