Ms. Maria Jonker is an independent consultant focusing on the areas of investor-state arbitration, commercial arbitration and on various issues and disputes relating to public international law.
Maria is currently based in London and has previously worked in several leading international law firms in Moscow, Washington D.C. and Cape Town. She has been involved in a wide range of proceedings conducted under the auspices of ICSID as well as in ad hoc UNCITRAL arbitrations across a wide range of sectors with particular emphasis on energy, construction, agricultural and other regulated sectors. Maria also has experience in complex cross-border transactions, various corporate, financing and regulatory matters as wells as representing clients in antidumping and countervailing duties investigations by the US International Trade Commission and the US Department of Commerce.
Admitted in New York, Russia, Kazakhstan and the District of Columbia (special legal consultant).
- American Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration, Young International Arbitration Group
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration, Young ICCA
- George Washington University Law School, LL.M, recipient of the Thomas Buergenthal Scholarship
- University of Helsinki, Master of Laws Diploma Program
- Moscow Institute of Economics and Finance, Degree in Economics
- Higher School of Law "Adilet," LL.B