José E. Ponce
José E. Ponce
Cognolex Research and Consulting
- First Law Degree University: Escuela Superior de Economía y Negocios, El Salvador (2008-2014).
- First Law Degree: Licenciatura en Ciencias Juridicas (equivalent to J.D.).
- Master's Degree University: University of Miami (2016-2017).
- Current Degree Program: White & Case International Arbitration LL.M.
Experience, organizations, competence:
- Participated in Wilhem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria, 2009-2011.
- Legal Advisor, Multimercantil S.A. de C.V., El Salvador, 2011-2014. Directed and coordinated the legal team negotiating the settlement of a USD 1.3 million dispute between the firm and a multinational oil company.
- Legal and Administrative Manager, Multimercantil, S.A. de C.V., El Salvador, 2014-2015. Directed and coordinated the team of legal and financial professionals providing Vendor Due Diligence during the sale of some of the firm's assets for USD 2.2 million; Hired, liaised with and directed external counsel representing the firm in litigation and administrative proceedings.
- Professor's Assistant, International Arbitration, Escuela Superior de Economia y Negocios, 2014-2015.
- International Arbitration Moot Coach, Escuela Superior de Economia y Negocios, 2014-2015.
- Associate Attorney, BLP Abogados, 2015. Advised foreign clients involved in arbitration, litigation and commercial disputes.
- Legal Consultant, Cognolex Research and Consulting, 2016. Carried out outsourced legal research for issues regarding International and Domestic Arbitration, for select Salvadoran attorneys and law firms.
- Assistant Coach, Wilhem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Vis Moot East, Moot Madrid, University of Miami, 2016-2017.
- Graduate Research Assistant for Professor A. Michael Froomkin, University of Miami, 2016-present.