Peter Scott Caldwell
Qualifications, Professional Affiliations & Appointments:
- BSc, Chartered Engineer, Chartered Arbitrator, FICE, FHKIE, FCIArb, FHKIArb
- Accredited General Mediator, Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Ltd
- Council Member, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Member, Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Member, IBA & IPBA
- Member, Society of Construction Arbitrators
Arbitration, Adjudication, Mediation & Dispute Board Experience:
Regularly appointed as an arbitrator, mediator, conciliator, dispute resolution advisor and dispute board member since 1985. In addition to many appointments as arbitrator of civil engineering & building works, has been appointed as arbitrator of disputes relating to, commodities (iron ore / steel / coal / cotton yarn / soya bean meal), loan agreements, distribution agreements, guarantees, aviation, shipping, international trade and joint venture agreements.
Secretary-General Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre 1990
Member of the IBA Working Party which drafted the 1999 IBA Rules for the Taking of Evidence in International Commercial Arbitration.
Author of chapter on Hong Kong in Practitioner's Handbook on International Arbitration and Mediation Third Edition (Juris) 2012.