Rajat Rana is a dual-qualified attorney with trial and arbitration experience in the United States. Mr. Rana's practice focuses on representing clients in transnational disputes and international arbitrations.
Prior to joining Alston & Bird, Mr. Rana served as an international arbitration and litigation associate at other international law firms in New York and Washington, D.C., where he worked on bet-the-company complex commercial litigation and international arbitration matters. He has served as a law clerk to Judge Seon Ki Park at the UN International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and Justice C.K. Thakker of the Supreme Court of India. Mr. Rana also worked on Radovan Karadzic's defense team at the UN International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia.
- National Law School of India University, B.A., LL.B. (Hons), 2006, European Union-Poros India Scholar
- Stanford Law School, J.S.M., Franklin Family Scholar; Stanford Centre for International Conflict and Negotiation Studies, Fellow; Global Young Leader on Prevention of Genocide 2007, McGill University
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2010, Virginia Journal of International Law, Notes Editor; Virginia Journal of Social Policy & the Law, Editorial Board member
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- District of Columbia
- New York
TDM special issue on Judicial Measures and Investment Treaty Law