Piotr specialises in international arbitration. He works as a Professional Support Lawyer in Houthoff's Litigation & Arbitration practice groups, where he is involved in arbitration proceedings under various arbitration rules (including i.a. the ICC Rules, the UNCITRAL Rules) as well as proceedings at the post-award stage. Piotr conducts research on complex legal issues and analyses developments relevant to his practice group. He contributes to Houthoff's internal courses, blog and academic publications.
Besides working at Houthoff, Piotr is an Assistant Professor at the Erasmus University, Rotterdam, where he teaches on international commercial arbitration as well as investment arbitration. His research focuses on powers of the arbitral tribunals and interface between climate change law and international arbitration. Piotr acts as an Academic Coordinator of International Arbitration variation of Commercial Law LL.M. and he coaches Erasmus University's team for the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition.
Piotr regularly publishes articles on international arbitration and is a member of RAI, Young ICCA, ICC YAF and LCIA YIAG amongst others.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD (Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam) ("Excess of Powers in International Commercial Arbitration")
- LL.M. Commercial Law (Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam)
- MA Law (University of Wroclaw)
- Visiting Scholar (Pennsylvania State University)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Institute Training for Tribunal Secretaries (Paris)
- Alumni International Academy for Arbitration Law (Paris)
- Alumni of Young ICCA Mentoring Programme
- Group Advisor at Young ICCA Mentoring Programme
- Mentor in the MAA Mentor-Mentee Programme
- Senior Rapporteur at Young-OGEMID