Amaplat Mauritius Limited and Amari Nickel Holdings Zimbabwe Limited v Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation and the Chief Mining Commissioner, Ministry of Mines, Zimbabwe - ICC International Court of Arbitration Case No 17720-ARP-MD-TO - Final Award - 12 January 2014
This document is an original of the Final Award rendered in conformity with the Rules of Arbitration of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
Tribunal:Mr Chikwendu Madumere
Professor Doug Jones
Mr Stuart Isaacs QC
227. In conclusion, for the reasons stated and having given due consideration to the evidence and the submissions of the parties, the Tribunal:
(1) declares that it has jurisdiction over the parties' dispute;
(2) orders ZMDC to pay Amaplat damages in the sum of US$42,882,000;
(3) orders ZMDC to pay Amari damages in the sum of US$3,900,000;
(4) orders the Respondents to pay the Claimants' legal and other costs and expenses in the sum of US$2,220,583.74;
(5) orders the Respondents to pay the Claimants the costs of the arbitration referred to in paragraph 225 above in the sum of US$900,000;
(6) orders ZMDC to pay interest on the damages referred to in (2) and (3) and on the Claimants' legal and other costs and expenses referred to in (4) above and the costs of the arbitration referred to in (5) above at the rate of 5% per annum from the date hereof until payment;
(7) dismisses all other claims and counterclaims.
OCR errors may be present