Results of the 2020 FDI Moot All Africa Regional
10 August 2020
After five long days of hearings, the 2020 FDI Moot All Africa Regional concluded on the 8th of August 2020. The final can be viewed here: www.facebook.com/FdiMoot
The 2020 All Africa Champion, Strathmore University Law School, Kenya will receive a US$1500 prize sponsored by Wilmer Hale's International Arbitration Practice.
The 2020 Runner Up is University of Lagos, Nigeria with 3rd going to University of South Africa, College of Law (Florida). Cairo University, Faculty of Law (French section) achieved 4th place.
5th Place went jointly to Africa Nazarene University, Kenya and Kenya School of Law; 7th Place went jointly to University of South Africa (Pretoria) and Tanta University, Egypt.
The Noël Ferris Prize (US$500 sponsored by the International Academy of Trial Lawyers) for the All Africa Regional's best advocate of the four preliminary rounds went to Joumana Nassar of Cairo University, Faculty of Law - French section.
Honorable Mention Advocates of the Preliminary Rounds were
2. David Omondi, Strathmore University Law School ex aequo with
2. Farida Abouarab, Cairo University, faculty of law - French section
4. Olufolajimi Otitoola, University of Lagos
5. Shalom Ajibade, University of Lagos
6. Latoya Masango, University of South Africa, College of Law
7. Cedric Kadima, Kenya School of Law
8. Robert Kaniu, Africa Nazarene University
9. Mdathir Timamy, Strathmore University Law School
10. Michael Olukoye, Kenya School of Law
The 2020 FDI Moot South Asia Regional will take place 27-30 August, also via Zoom with the 2020 Globals to follow 4-9 November.
More information about the FDI Moot competition: http://www.fdimoot.org/
Note: Transnational Dispute Management (TDM, ISSN 1875-4120) has published the three highest ranking Claimant and Respondent Memorials since 2010, see FDI Moot Claimant and Respondent Memorials
More news in the archive.