New Feature: TDM 'knowledgebank'
25 November 2004
TDM has added a new feature: the TDM 'knowledgebank', which contains primary Legal and Regulatory materials.
This service is only available to subscribers of TDM.
How to use
You can find these documents using our website's Knowledgebank search facility:
- Login with your User ID & Password at /
- In the top-navigation choose 'Knowledgebank', see also this screenshot:
- Now you will see a search page with various options
- On the search results page you will be able to download the documents as an MS Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF file
We are constantly looking for material we could add to our knowledgebank, so if you have any relevant laws, regulations, treaties, awards, contracts, codes and guidelines etc. feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the TDM knowledgebank.
The first series of documents we have added to our database, are the Voluntary codes & Guidelines described in an article in TDM 4 (2004): "Overview of the TDM-CEPMLP Database of Voluntary Guidelines and Related Primary Soft-Law Materials" by A. Kabir.
Contributions for our Journal
We are looking for:
- brief comments on recent developments - ideally out of your own "workshop";
- conference papers and presentations which you consider to be both topical and relevant, and where you have been able to obtain an electronic version plus consent from the author - or provide me with the email to contact the author;
- reports by international agencies or NGOs which are available on the internet either for public access or where we can seek consent;
- papers of quality and relevance which you or your colleagues have published earlier, but would like to disseminate more widely through the OGEL system. We experience as usual a continuous increase in subscription and usage.
TDM-pre-2004 Article Archive
As you might know we have established an additional TDM service: the "TDM-pre-2004 Article Archive" - in addition to our already existing archive of legal materials. The TDM archive - TDM subscribers can find it on our TDM website after your login, and choose either 'Archive' or 'Search' in the navigation menu.
We would therefore be very grateful if you could help us, e.g. in providing electronic copies of still relevant quality articles and shorter notes you may have already published yourself and which your colleagues have already published elsewhere. Our criterium for selection is continuing quality and relevance. We do need, though, the consent of the author - if he/she has not assigned his/her copyright away - or of the publisher of the respective article (for which we will also include the desired acknowledgement). Please note that authors have the original, primary copyright. They can publish in principle their work as much and as often as possible - except if they have assigned in an explicit, formal contract the copyright away.
More news in the archive.