Settlement Counsel & ADR Neutral for International Disputes & Intellectual Property Matters
(Negotiation, Mediation, Conciliation, Arbitration, Litigation & ADR Hybrids)
Languages: English/French (Bilingual), Spanish, Hebrew. Conversational German & Italian.
Bar Admissions: UK: English Barrister (Middle Temple); USA: New York State, EDNY, SDNY, NDNY, CAFC (USA), United States Patent and Trademark Office; Switzerland: Geneva State Bar Association (EU Lawyer).
Specializations: Conflict prevention & resolution strategies, international transactions, Intellectual Property, life sciences, healthcare, consumer goods, construction/engineering, information technology, Investor-State disputes, joint ventures, private equity, sports, family businesses, trusts & estates.
ADR Associations: AAA, ASA, CEDR, CMAP, CPR, ECDR, Geneva State Council, Global InterMediation, HUM/CMA, IBMS, ICC, ICDR, INTA, IMI, JAMS International, Result ACB, Singapore Mediation Centre, SKWM/CSMC/SCCM, WIPO.
ADR Focus Areas: All forms of Appropriate Dispute Resolution ("ADR", e.g., negotiations, mediations, conciliations, arbitrations, litigations) and ADR design processes (e.g., MED-ARB, MEDALOA, ADR hybrids). Accustomed to working with parties and counsel from civil law as well as common law jurisdictions, particularly in cross-border or cross-cultural disputes involving complex commercial matters.
- Associate Attorney, Fish & Neave (US)
- International Attorney & IP Counsel, Becton Dickinson & Co (US & FR)
- CEO & General Counsel, NovImmune SA (CH)
- Director & General Counsel, Medabiotech SA (CH)
- Door Tenant, Quadrant Chambers (UK)*
- Counsel, Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer LLP (US)
- Partner, ALTENBURGER legal + tax (CH)
- Part time faculty, Federal Polytechnic School of Lausanne (EPFL) (CH)*
- Co-Founder & Director, Neuroawareness Consulting Services Inc. (US)*
- Advisor to Charles Russell LLP (UK/CH)*
- * current activity
- International School of Geneva, Switzerland, IB Diploma
- Oxford University, Lincoln College, MA (Oxon) in Law and Physiological Sciences
- Kings College, London, Graduate Diplomas in EU law and copyright laws
- Vice-Chair of the Independent Standards Commission of IMI
- Co-Chair of the Swiss Chamber of Commercial Mediation (Section Romande)
- Past Co-Chair of the ABA's Dispute Resolution Section, International Committee
- Past member of the Practices and Standards Committee of CIArb (Mediation Chair)