LL.M [LSE, University of London] 1981;
PhD [LSE, University of London] 1985;
Positions held currently:
- Professor of International Economic Law, University of Manchester
- Barrister: Quadrant Chambers, London, UK
- Member of the Roster of WTO Non-Governmental Panellists eligible for Panel service, appointed by the Dispute Settlement Body of the World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Member of the International Law Association Committee on International Trade.
- Editor-in-Chief: Manchester Journal of International Economic Law
Visiting positions held:
- Visiting Professor, Fudan Law School, Fudan University, Shanghai, China 
- Visiting Scholar, Yale Law School, Yale University, US 
- Visiting Professor, Osaka University , Japan [November 2005]
- Visiting Professor, University of Malaya [August 2005]
- He has visited the IMF, World Bank and GATT/WTO legal departments and the Bureau for International Fiscal Documentation on several occasions.
He has acted as a consultant to and for various governments and international organisations on WTO/GATT law: Pakistan [1998,2000,2003], Saudi-Arabia ;Cambodia [May 2005] GCC ; UNDP; Asian Development Bank ;UNCTAD ; Commonwealth Secretariat [2001,2002,2003]; Islamic Development Bank ; CTLD ; ICTSD ; and the WTO  .
Main research interests:
His main interests are in International Economic Law [particularly WTO law], Public International Law and International Fiscal Law. He has supervised several research candidates -- especially in the field of International Economic Law. Currently he is working on a book on an aspect of WTO Law for Cambridge University Press.
Lectures: International Economic Law, International Fiscal Law and Public International Law.
Visiting Lectures: He has lectured to government officials from developing countries variously -- including, as part of a WTO team on WTO law; as part of a team organised by the University of Amsterdam, at the Ethiopian Civil Service College, Ethiopia, on international trade and investment; and at the WTO Centre in Shanghai, China. In addition, he has given guest lectures in various universities -- including in Poland, Korea, China and the US.
- The Public International Law of Taxation, Kluwer Law International ;
- The World Trade Organization -- Implementing International Trade Norms, Manchester University Press ;
- Legal and Moral Aspects of International Trade, [Joint editor] Routledge ;
- International Economic Law, Sweet & Maxwell ;
- Perspectives in International Economic Law [Ed] Kluwer Law International .
Journal articles: He has published various articles in leading international law journals in his field, for example, Journal of World Trade, World Economy, International and Comparative Law Quarterly, and Bulletin for International Fiscal Documentation; Manchester Journal of International Economic Law.