Alternatives to In-Person Arbitration: Pandemics and Beyond (March 2020)
For years, the arbitral community has been considering increasing the use of video and other technology to save costs and increase efficiency in arbitration and to cut down on the environmental impact of the process. However, will the first real push towards remote arbitration come as a result of COVID-19? Speakers from various arbitral organizations and moots, as well as other experts, discuss steps they are taking to deal with the realities of a pandemic and how those steps might benefit parties in the future.
- Prof. Ben Davis, University of Toledo
- Colin Rule, Tyler Tech
- Chris Campbell, Center for International Legal Studies
- Paul Cohen, 4-5 Gray's Inn
- Prof. Ian Macduff - University of Auckland and National Centre for Technology and Dispute Resolution
More reports and information about Young-OGEMID seminars here.
Young-OGEMID Membership for is free of charge and does not require a subscription to TDM. As with OGEMID please note that acceptance onto the list is at our discretion.
Be sure to read the following before you register:
- OGEMID Moderator(s)
- Administrative Issues, FAQ
- Rules (Substantive and Technical)
- Managing E-Mail Lists
TDM is an initiative of MARIS BV (the Netherlands), visit www.maris.nl for more information about MARIS.